Both members and non-members are welcome to actively participate in the various services and activities of the Institute. Some of the services are as follows:
- Recognition – Members are recognized according to skills and experience and are
required to abide by a Code of Professional Conduct. Private and public sector
clients recognize members as respectable and reliable sources of advice.
- Networking – Activities of the Institute facilitate networking with fellow professionals.Members may meet to exchange ideas and look towards cooperative opportunities. Client Referral Service – The Institute maintains a comprehensive database of consultants by a variety of skills, industry experience and geographical location.
- Members’ Directory – Members are entitled to submit entries into management consultant Directory published by IMCB. The Members’ Directory is a free publication broadly circulated to the business community, government bodies, development partners and NGOs.
- Newsletters – Newsletters are published regularly throughout the year
- Journal of Management Consulting -1 he Journal of Management Consulting is an international publication focused on the professionals. Members are entitled to receive such journals as part of their membership subscription.
- Professional Development – Members can avail the opportunity of different professional development programs like Post graduate diploma in management consulting, short courses, seminar and workshops, round table, etc.
- Career Development Support – A Career pack is available for the newcomers to the profession, as well as advice on setting up their own consultancy ventures.
All members sn practice make an important annual commitment upon joining IMCB to undertake a minimum of 35 hours continuing Professional Development per annum. This helps consultants develop a portfolio of skills to cope with the varied challenges of a consulting career and keep up to date with developments in their particular fields.
Arbitration, Adjudication and Mediation
The Institute aims to resolve disputes quickly and effectively whilst maintaining or rebuilding trust and confidence between client and consultant. For this purpose, the Institute has established a High Power Arbitration Committee consisting of members from public and private sector.